I have been SOOOOO busy!
That word even feels exhausting to say, sometimes doesn’t it? We try to lessen the blow by renaming it: hustle, grind, etc. whatever street-savvy buzz word fits the bill to make us feel better about spending less time with our families in order to advance our career or even our callings.
Fortunately, I have been busy with all the right things!
Not the kind of busy that has that negative connotation; the kind we mention silently as we pass the friend at church we have been promising to get coffee with for the last 6 months (I’ve done that too and it feels awful).
No, I have been Biblically busy.
Didn’t know that was a thing? It is.
I looked it up with the fancy search option in my Bible Gateway app and found out that there is only one place “busy” is mentioned in a positive context. (at least in the HCSB version)
Anyhow, it is a great analogy for the busyness I have been caught up in. The scripture is all about preparations for Passover and offering up burnt offerings.
Except for me the only thing burning off is that excessive sinful nature marbled through my heart.
What a sweet scent that must be to my Father!
There are days I have fallen short, WAY short, but let me tell you… I am finally hitting the stride of righteousness I have longed for!
It hasn’t been this consistent since I first realized Jesus was ACTUALLY God (go figure) and I am going to share with you the secret to how YOU can have it too, even starting today!
Ready?! Here are the 6 steps to a more righteous life!
1) Wake up (a given like writing your name on the SAT)
2) Worship (kinda weird if you’re not used to it or you are vocally challenged, but it’s what you’ve been freed for! Ps- if you can’t think of a reason to worship refer to step one)
3) Pray (same concept as worship but without musical notes and you get to ask for cool stuff to happen)
4) Read the Word (if you don’t have a Bible here’s some info on how you can get one for FREE)
6) Ask forgiveness promptly when you sin (don’t worry about rejection because, spoiler alert… He already forgave you!)
That’s what I’ve been up to! I made it sound kind of easy, but the truth is this IS the only way.
Christ is the only way.
Wanna please Him? Me too! All we have to do is get busy following!
This is how we follow. Wake up and give God the first part of your day. Let Him have a crack at transforming your heart and filling your mind with His word before you subject it to social media or rush hour chaos. (hint: you navigate these things much better when you put Him first)
Oh, and one more thing… take naps! From what I understand Jesus took LOTS of naps.
Happy napping and righteous living, family!